Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sketchy Thursday Challenge

I decided to participate in something new for me.  It's my first ever online scrapbooking challenge.  I did it for 3 reasons ... 1. it gets me creating outside of the box, at least what I'm used to doing. 2. it puts me on a deadline so I can get these pages done faster (and actually complete them). 3. It's an opportunity to win some goodies and who can resist that???  Of course, that's not what's driving me to participate.  It's really points 1 & 2.  So, on to my page.  My page is based on this past week's Sketchy Thursday sketch.  Here's the sketch:

Here's my take on it. It's a term I hear often from my daughter in a whiney, but actually cute, voice.



Everything I used was from my existing stash. I used K&Co Napoleon paper. I wasn't happy with the yellow background paper so I took some white paint and added some CTMH Crystal Blue re-inker to get it the color I wanted. Then I distressed the outside edge of the paper with that paint and then with black ink. While I had the paint out I also distressed the photos and edges of circles and the arrow, which I drew, cut and popped up. The blue ribbon is actually blue cardstock that I stamped with my CTMH Fabric Finishes stamp set to give it the grossgrain look. I then stamped the words on that. The other ribbon was misc. scraps I had. Oh I also had this cute flower ribbon that looks like the bluebonnets in the picture so I wrapped one of the circles with it. The chipboard letters are by Heidi Swapp, as is the clear flower under the button with the date on it. I made the smaller letters out of an old black envelope I had and stamped it with white ink. I used black Staz-On & CTMH Moments in Time stamp set to stamp the date. That button lays on the clear acrylic flower. I added a yellow flower with blue rhinestone below the title. Lastly I added black beads (Robin's Nest) to the bottom right to tie it all together. This was so fun and I'm looking forward to my next challenge. Wish me luck on this one!







3 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

I love what you did with the paint! Sweet, wonderful layout!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

Audrey Yeager said...

YAY! I was so excited to see your name on the list of LO's!! And yours looks AWESOME!!! I love what you did with the paint and the arrow really makes your eye follow the page...

Unknown said...

I love this page Heather! What a wonderful take on the challenge! Adorable!