Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sittin' on the Dock...

I just abso-FREAKIN-lutely love this captured moment of Reese with her big brother.  It's one of those photos that I've been wanting to scrap but I needed the right elements so as to not overshadow the photo yet give the page some pop.  The mistables that came in this month's Scrapbook Circle You Are My Sunshine kit were perfect. 

Here's the layout and I'll walk you through how I created this page.
Supplies from Scrapbook Circle You Are My Sunshine Kit: American Crafts Kraft Cardstock, Pink Paislee Mistable Stickers; Basic Grey Out of Print "Punblication"; Not in Kit - Studio Calico Mr Hueys in Piglet, Bonny Blue, Clover, Lemonade and Pickle.

To make this layout I fussy cut the tree from the mistables sticker sheet and laid it over my Kraft cardstock (since many trees are brown) so that the mistable side was facing down.  That was to avoid getting the mist on the flowers still attached to the tree that I would later cut out of the tree.

 Then I misted the tree with my green mist - "pickle" color because I wanted it to signify the green leaves in the photo. I also misted 2 other areas of the paper to complete my triangle. I carefully listed the mask from the page and this is how it looked...
I then doodled around the tree limbs to give it a more defined look, cuffy cut each flower and misted them in several different colors, being careful to remember where each flower was to be placed on the tree. Here is what the tree looked like when it was all said and done.
I then misted the larger flowers and layered them over each other to give them a bit of dimension. For some reason however the colors were more saturated on the larger flowers than on the tree's flowers. Oh and to make the leaves, I misted a smaller flower with green and cut it in half.

I am satisfied with this layout but I have to tell you that for some reason it just looks WAY better IRL than in the photo.  Also, this layout is more simple than usual because I really didn't want to take away from the photo or the tree but I have to admit it's not my typical style.  I still really like it but I think I'll stick to my layers.

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this layout is AWESOME--I agree this picture is AWESOME!

Diana Fisher said...

Love that picture and great misting!