Monday, October 10, 2011

Always My Favorite & a Mini Me!

I just realized that I shared my latest big news on Facebook but haven't shared it with my blog friends.  Scrapbook Circle just announced it's new design team and Lisa has some incredible talent lined up for the next 6 months.  I will be staying on the team - YAY - but will be moving in a social media strategist role, which is sooooo up my alley.  This means I still get to be creative with the kits but I also get to interact more with you on the Scrapbook Circle Facebook page, Twitter and Pinterest!  I am beyond excited.  Make sure to follow Scrapbook Circle on all these networking sites because we will be offering promotions exclusive to each network.

With that fun announcement out of the way, let me show you 2 layouts I did with the gorgeous October kit, Fresh Picked

This first layout is all our our dinner tradition. Every night, we gather around the table and say our favorite and not favorite part of the day.  This came about because my daughter would come home from school and we'd ask about her day and she'd say "I don't know." This helps draw it out of her and now it's just part of our dinner routine.  We talk about our not favorite things too because it's important for so many reasons.

For this one I misted, layered and even re-purposed the packaging from the Pink Paislee alphabets (ledger paper below). I misted the alphas with yellow and once dried I doodled around them with a marker.  I painted the hearts red. The title was easy...the favorite part of my day, every day, is being with my family - they are "always my favorite"
Supplies from Scrapbook Circle Fresh Picked kit: Lilybee Memorandum Collection: timeclock, whiteboard, 9 to 5; Crate Paper Random Collection: Textile; Elle's Studio Today's Tags, Red Pennant Embellishment page; Pink Paislee Sawdust Wood Alphas and packaging insert; Shabby Chic Crafts Chevron Tag; Scrapbook Circle Printable; homemade mist; Zig .5mm chocolate marker  

My 2nd layout today was inspired by the "Lifting You" feature we do at Scrapbook Circle.  We love it when Scrapbook Circle subscriber share their projects on the Facebook page.  When you do, you just might get "Lifted".  So here's my take on Brianna's layout (also shown below):
 Supplies from Scrapbook Circle Fresh Picked kit: Pebbles Fresh Goods collection: Simple Joys, Window Display; Crate Paper Farmhouse Collection: Cross Stitch; Jillibean Homemade 6 Bean Soup "Barley Pearls; "Pink Paislee Sawdust Wood Alphas (used as a mask) and packaging insert; Scrapbook Circle Printable; homemade mist; Zig .5mm chocolate marker; not in kit: Imaginisce i-top with medium and large brad daddies; Imaginisce i-rock (various sizes, styles and colors)

And here's the original, from Brianna.  Isn't it gorgeous? Here's what I focused on: 1 photo, tone-on-tone circles, the layered papers and the circle embellie on the upper right corner.  If you look closely, there are a couple more similarities but you get the point, right?  Thanks for the inspiration, Brianna!


Thanks for looking today!

1 comment:

Rebecca Keppel said...

So excited to be working with you again st SC :) And LOVE these layouts--the first is so pretty and the color and doddling on the alphas is fabulous and I love the bright pops of blue in the second.