Monday, December 5, 2011

Detachable Ornament Christmas Card

We are celebrating Christmas over on the Imaginisce blog this week. Today we are featuring Christmas cards.  I just love seeing all the DIY holiday wreaths for the front doors and walls, specifically the paper cone wreaths.  I decided to scale that idea down and use it on a card.   Here is the end result:
Supplies: Imaginisce Santa's Helper Pattern Paper, i-top 2.0, 28mm brad, Imaginisce i-rock, Imaginisce red foam adhesive, Martha Stewart punch, Clear Snaps Glue Gloss, Clear Snaps Sparkle Fibers, Doodlebugs Christmas Twine, Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro
Pin It


Here's a closer look at the wreath.  See that twine? I made it so that the wreath can be detached from the card and hung on a tree as an ornament!
 

Edited to add: here's how I made it detachable: I cut a large circle for the back of the ornament, adhered it to the back and slid a bobby pen behind the circle and through a little paper loop I added to the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure to head over to the Imaginisce blog to see more card inspiration and to enter to win the i-rock sampler giveaway!

7 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

super super CUTE! Great idea...

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Heather your card is so fabulous and creative. I love love love the ornament and that it's detachable! It's a beautiful ornament too.

Auntie Em said...

I love your Christmas wreath card. Wondering how you attached the ornament so it can detach without damaging it or the card?
Thanks for sharing such a lovely idea. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!
@Auntie Em - I cut a large circle for the back of the ornament, adhered it to the back and slid a bobby pen behind the circle and through a little paper loop I added to the card.

Diana Waite said...

this is just GORGEOUS!

Rebecca Keppel said...

that mini wreath/ornament is AMAZING! So cute!

Johanna said...

What a fun idea! Let me know if you need an address to send your cards to :p (just kiddn'... or not...). Really beautiful!