Friday, July 13, 2012

That's My Name, Right There on the American Crafts Blog!!!

So it's been 2 - 3 days now since I got the email and I still have butterflies just thinking about this announcement.  I know it sounds ridiculous but I am just THAT excited! If you follow my blog, you probably saw that I was a guest designer for American Crafts earlier this month. Did you see the projects I created?  It was such an honor and I was so excited to see my name and photo on their blog that I took a screen shot of it. I had no idea at the time what I would use it for.

Well, I know why now. I just knew it'd be a long shot but I applied for their design team. I figured they might say no (they get hundreds of applications and only accept 20) but they might say yes! I stalked my email every day, multiple times a day until low and behold my heart skipped a beat.  Could it be? Have you figured out yet that I am walking you through all the emotions I went through? I read it and then I read it again and then I quickly replied with a YES! along with a few other descriptive words, before they could change their mind and then I read it again. I couldn't believe it! Someone wake me up! I've been asked to join the 2012 - 2013...
I am joining the team with some of the most amazingly talented ladies, many of whom I've admired for so long and several of whom I've had the chance to design with!  
Allison Waken - from Phoeniz, AZ
Amy Heller - from Newtown, CT
Andrea Budjack - Orlando, FL
Angie Gutshall - from James Creek, PA
Becky Williams - from Wolfforth, TX
Carina Lindholm - from Koping, Sweden
Corrie Jones - from Dallas, GA
Erin Stewart - from El Paso, TX
Heather Leopard - from Cypress, TX <----- That's ME!
Jenny Chesnick - from Brooklyn, MD
Jill Cornell - from Windsor Heights, IA
Kimberly Neddo - from Bigfork, MT
Leah Farquharson - from Lauderhill, FL
Leslie Ashe - from Fort Worth, TX
Lilith Eeckels - from Bertogne, Belguim
Melissa Mann - from Pensacola, FL
Michiko Kato - from Japan
Monika Glod - from Krakow, Poland
Paige Evans - from South Pasadena, CA
Patricia Roebuck - from Mandeville, LA
Sophie Crespy - from Saint Jean De Maurienne, France



Make sure to head over to the American Crafts blog to see the official announcement and new CHA releases!

Oh and you know I'll be taking a screen shot of the AC blog today! I might even scrap it! Thanks so much for celebrating with me!

21 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

You must be grinning from ear to ear! Congrats!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Big congrats!! So well-deserved! Definitely scrap that screen shot, although I have a feeling you'll see your name in lights many more times in your scrapping career. :)

Shemaine Smith said...

Congratulations Heather!!!

orange gearle said...

Congratulations, Heather!!!

Karan Gerber said...

way to go Heather, im so happy for you!

antenucci said...

Super excited for u Heather - Cingrats!

Mary Jo said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Jenny Evans said...

Congratulations, Heather!!! Awesome news!! :D

Unknown said...

Heather this is so exciting!!!! YAY!!! What an elite group! You're going to have so much fun!!! (was that enough exclamation marks?)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Can't WAIT to see all of your creations that will be made using American Crafts!!

Lilith Eeckels said...

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!! So deserved! Welcome to the team!

Leslie Ashe said...

Yeah! I LOVED what you did with your guest projects, can't WAIT to see more of your gorgeous work for this team! Welcome to the team!

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats Heather!! That is huge, big news and you should definitely be excited!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with AC for the upcoming year! :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

CONGRATS, Heather!!! I am so excited for you and to work with you!

Beth Hallgren said...

Woo Hoo! Now that's a happy email to be sure :) Congrats!

Judy Webb said...

Hi Heather....I am checking out the 3 TEXAS girls...you, Becky and Leslie. Look forward to following the three of you with AC.Congratulations.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Woooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!

Diana Waite said...

I am SOOOO flippin' excited for you!!! This is just AMAZING!!

angie gutshall said...

Congrats! I can't wait to work with you!

beckyjune said...

congratulations!

Rebecca Keppel said...

super hug congratulations!!!! they are lucky to have you :)