Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet the Teacher

My daughter absolutely loves school! The back 2 school excitement seems to build up for her all summer and we look for that letter they send through the mail right before school starts, which tells us her teacher assignments! It's really fun for her. What we really enjoy though is going to Meet the Teacher, which is usually the Friday before school starts. She gets to check out her classroom and meet her teachers! This layout tells that story for her from this year's festivities.


Supplies: Little Yellow Bicycle Makin' the Grade collection: MG-102 New Notebook/Blue Fun Dot, MG-101 Alpha Block/Red Stripe, MG-103 School Bands/Brown Stripe, MG-104 Lockers/Grey Text, MG-111 Multi Fun Dot/Green Stripe, MG-140 Stickers - Fresh Verse, MG-167 Cork Word & Shape Stickers - Self Adhesive, MG-195 Dimensional Title Pack, MG-201 Canvas Stickers - Self Adhesive, MG-220 Fabric Favorites - Self Adhesive, MG-230 Clear Cuts Shapes, MG-279 Chipboard Shapes, MG-304 6x6 Paper Pad.

Creative How to: I'm on a sketch creatin' kick right now so I created this sketch that you can use if you wish to recreate a similar layout (it doesn't have to be school related). 
really love all the variations of banners and pennants in the LYB Makin' the Grade collection - from the canvas to the cork shapes, fabric favorites and so much more, I had to use them all! Knowing I wanted to use them all, I decided to lay low with my paper choices, avoiding the busier ones so I could focus on the photos and fun embellies. 

 To make the cork elements pop just a bit more, I outlined them with black pen.

To make the title, I used the Fresh Verse stickers but I had already used some of the stickers so I used the "M" and the "T" stickers and then I cut the rest of the letters out of the Alpha Block paper from the 6x6 paper pad. It worked great and gave me a fun variety of letters that still coordinate. 

Journaling reads: Rheagan is soo ready to start 3rd grade. We had a great time meeting Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Laudermilk.


This is such a great back to school line! 

Make sure to participate in the two blog hops I'm part of right now. They both end on Sept. 8. Just click on my blog header to see the "Blog Hop Quick Links" post.

I announced yesterday that I am doing a 500 followers giveaway. Once I reach 500 followers, I will randomly select a couple of names from my follower list. Winners will receive a random assortment of papers, embellies, stamps, etc (some from new lines and some from older lines).  I'm only 10 away as I am typing this post so spread the word and check back often to see if you are a winner!

Thanks for stopping by today! 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful

Christy said...

Okay that clip board embellie is seriously AMAZING!!! LOVE the layout :)

antenucci said...

Congrats on almost 500. Hope things r smoothing out for u!

Keren Tamir said...

Love the layout they look happy to go back

Unknown said...

Looks like it is going to be a great school year! I like your tip for outlining cork. It really looks great.

Tracey said...

Great sketch! I've 'pinned' it to create with when I get a chance!! Love your layout! So fabulous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love all the cork pieces and LOVING the flag banner!!!!!!

Migdalia said...

Wonderful layout!!Lovely photos!
saw it on paper issues!!
Migdalia

Murphy's Law said...

Awesome page and great take on the sketch. Love the banner.

Mary Jo said...

Absolutely love your title work here! :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love the banner :)

Ashley Calder said...

Great page! The cork embellishments look awesome!

Laura said...

Terrific use of the sketch. I like the clipboard and she looks happy to go back to school

Diana Waite said...

those pictures are SO precious! GREAT layout friend!