Monday, October 28, 2013

Best Dress Ever

I created this layout for a Creating Keepsakes call so I've been hiding here until it was pubbed last month.  My daughter had a favorite dress for about 1 1/2 years. We thought it was because it was a Dora dress and she loved Dora at the time. We found out a year-ish later after buying her some non themed twirly dresses that while Dora was instrumental, she really just loved the tutu skirts.

So, here's the layout that is dedicated to "The Best Dress in the History of Ever"

What's a girl to do when she's doing a 2-page layout? Whether I only have one of each sheet or not, I usually like to use coordinating pages instead of identical.
How cute is she in her whirly twirly dress? I pulled the colors in from the blue door, pink building, pink dress and the yellow in the crown.  I layered papers over one another on the left side so the photos would get lost on the colorful background.
I embellished all around the photo mats but what I love the most is the journaling I added to the photo before I printed it.  I also did some hand journaling to finish the story.

She would wear this dress all day and all night 24/7 if she could. As a matter of fact, we bought several of them in 2 sizes so that we'd always have a clean one. Yes, we spoiled her but those Target dress deals were too good to pass up.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on and get crafty!

4 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How gorgeous! Love this double pager!!

Mirabyll said...

This is the most beautiful layout I've seen today and I have seen many!! Thank you so very much for sharing!

Katrina Hunt said...

Kind of totally in LOVE with this one!!!!

Diana Waite said...

just love the color combo and sweet pictures--GREAT job!