Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Love You, Adore You | MME Guest Designer

Hey friends...raise your hand if you love My Mind's Eye as much as I do. I have been waiting for this day to come for-evah! Seriously. What a dream to guest design for them!!!

I pretty much love all their releases but I was over the moon happy when Stephanie said she was sending me Jen Allyson's Market Street collections.  The colors and patterns and gold foil accents - can I get a whoop whoop? And did you see the new Paper Goods collection? Swoon.

All my projects are on the My Mind's Eye blog. You can see DAY 1 and Day 2 by clicking those links. Since there aren't any detailed photos on the MME blog, I'm going to show my projects with the details here on my blog the rest of this week. So let's start with the first project I did...

Love You, Adore You

When I received the Market Street collection, I knew immediately what photos I wanted to scrap! I couldn't have planned the colors in the collection with my daughters outfit more perfectly if I had tried. I love using super-sized shapes on my layouts so I created a large circle out of leaves, inspired by the gorgeous prints in the Market Street collection. I used a subtle pattern for the background but toned down the center of the circle using gesso. 
I machine stitched  the leaves, adding a 3D bow at the bottom and adding my title, die cuts and embellishments at the top. 
I chose to use the word phrases for my journaling. Sometimes a picture (or two) says it all and then the word stickers were just the perfect combo to describe my super silly, incredibly sweet & sassy, oh so funny girl!

Thanks for stopping by today. Remember, you can see all my projects on the My Mind's Eye blog - DAY 1 and Day 2. Head on over and leave me some love!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute - you're right, the colors in your daughter's outfit coordinate perfectly with the layout.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous as always :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

I just love this!

Diana Waite said...

SO lovely--really like the focal point--GREAT job!

CalleLillyCafe said...

How sweet is this & her outfit?!