Thursday, January 15, 2015

One of a Kind Adventure | Gossamer Blue Inspiration Blog Hop

Hi everyone.  2015 is off to a running start and I'm just amazed that it is already mid-month and time for the monthly Inspiration blog hop from the Gossamer Blue design team.  Holy heck! Let's go.....
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know the hubby and I went on a trip to Paris. Alone. Without kids. Seriously. It was amazing!

Our trip to Paris was magical.  The people were incredibly friendly, except that one lady who slapped me as I was getting off the metro but that's a story for another day. I'll document it all in the coming weeks.

We took a day trip to Versailles and oh my WOW! The palace, the gardens, the gold and mirrors.  Wow. Just WOW!  We snapped this selfie inside the Hall of Mirrors.

I was immediately drawn to this paper because of the fade out heart.  And all the gold in the kit was PERFECT for the gold in my photo so...I married it all together.

How to:
Stitch around the heart with gold thread. Add some flecks of mist to the background. Layer lots of ephemera on the left bottom side of the heart to create layers for the photo. Stamp a little sentiment on the bottom little tab. Next, add a title using different types of media (alphas, wood, puffy letters, tags).  Lastly, finish off the visual triangle by adding another cluster of embellishments in the upper left of the page. I actually started my title by including a sentiment that when read with the other title, can read as one title or two separate sentiments.

I happen to be very infatuated with gold right now. Anyone else with me or are you "over it" already?

Okay, so go check out what Jessica created. She's next on the hop and she always blows me away with her incredible ideas!

P.S. I just want to say that I am incredibly sad for the people of Paris and those who are suffering from the recent tragedies over there. I am keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous layout! Love how you used that background paper!

Diane Payne said...

Great layout! Such a good photo of you and your honey. :)

Diana Waite said...

I have to agree--LOVING gold right now!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page Heather, as always! :)

Joy said...

Gorgeous layout Heather, amazing memories that you have captured so perfectly, hugs

Rhonda said...

I am still in love with the gold right now too! All I can say about this layout, is that it is just like Heather....The BOMB!!!! Whoop!! Love it. :o)

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Heather!! Loving the stitched hearts!

emeraldradio said...

wow... pink heart layout!!! It inspired me!!! so lovely~

Gisèle said...

Is this Versailles in the background?? Love all your hearts, the gold and that beautiful large pink heart!!