Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February 2016 Planner Preview

It's February Reveal time at Gossamer Blue and I am planner obsessed. This is funny because I bought two planners last year and opened them multiple times but they just sat there ALL. YEAR. LONG.  The good news is that I plan to go back in one of them and document the highlights of 2015. It won't be as magical as this years but it will still be great.  And the other one offers 2016 refills, which I already have so I'm all set. That is the one where I keep track of all my crafty goals, deadlines, ideas, etc.

Today, I thought I'd share a preview of what my February planner is shaping up to look like.  This is also funny because I haven't shown you what January looks like yet.  All in due time though.  I'll have it here to share soon.  Let's just say a lot happened in January (2 trips, my birthday, Rob Thomas charity event, lots of kids' activities and more) and I didn't get it until the last week of January so I'm trying to stay in the NOW and will go back to do January.

So here's a peek at the monthly view for February. It's not very far along yet but it's progress, people, especially after last year's lack of progress.



I am using goodies from the Gossamer Blue February kit and add-ons.  I LOVE the red-ish / teal floral paper in the Basic Grey paper pad. I used it to create a pocket and used the leftover bits that I cut off to create a cute little border at the top of each page. I am using my 01 American Crafts Precision Pen but I also just bought some colored No Bleed ultra fine Sharpies. I just got them today so I still have to test them out on some spare papers.



Apparently almost every Sunday in February is going to be some sort of celebration but we'll have Tuesday to recover. lol. The blue airplane marks a business trip for my hubby. It's pink or red for me but I'm not going anywhere this month so no pink airplanes. The XOXO stamp is from the Gossamer Blue kit and the other stamps are from Hero Arts / Kelly Purkey. I think I will color in the birthday cake (and draw in the black lines that are missing - I never said I was a great stamper).  Stay tuned later this month to see how it all shapes up.



I hand cut this pocket but it was super easy to do.  I simply pulled 2 papers from a 6x6 paper pad. Then I folded the floral paper in half (without creasing it) and made the semi circle cut. Next I just folded the floral edges on the sides and bottom. Lastly, I trimmed down the red paper and adhered the scrap to the front so that I'd had some red oon the front and back of the pocket. Then I added some embellishments from the Gossamer Blue February kit.



I am using the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner. I actually bought this on Amazon through Supermart, which was one of the lower prices I had seen and it was shipping Prime and I've always had excellent luck with Amazon.  I placed my order on January 16. I didn't get a shipping notice nor did I get it within 2 days.  I kept checking and it kept saying processing.  Then a week later they cancelled my order.  Needless to say I was livid.  So I sucked it up and bought it on Simon Says Stamp with a coupon.  Now I have it in all it's wonderful glory.


I had also been eyeing a few of the Kelly Purkey planner stamps so I added them to my cart when I got the planner.

I can't wait to share more pages from my weekly spreads.  Check back later this month for more.  Oh and keep an eye out for January.  I have about half of the month done so far.

1 comment:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Love your planner. I am addicted as well and it's still not set up. WTG!!!!