Tuesday, May 3, 2016

So Many Reasons To Be Happy | Scrapbook & Cards Today Guest Designer

Hello, hello, today is an especially HAPPY day.  Not only am I showcasing 3 reasons I am happy on a layout but I just ecstatic to be guesting over on the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog with a project I made using this month's cut file, designed by Nicole Nowosad, plus the new Paige Evans Fancy Free collection via my Scrapbook Circle May kit.  So lots of reasons to be happy.


Here's the file I used. You can download this file for FREE from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog.

I chose to cut the file and hand stitch around the words.  I have to admit, it took WAY too long and I was telling myself I was crazy the whole time but I love how it turned out in the end so I'd say it was all worth it.

How to:

  • Supersize the cut file so that it leaves approximately 1" on each side of the paper.  
  • Add stitching dots or lines around the words and cut the file. Altnertively, you can manually poke the holes.




Here's where the "fun" begins.....

  • Hand stitch around the words using your favorite embroidery thread. 
  • Layer the stitched paper over a pattern paper, careful not to use a super busy paper.  I chose a design that had a white background but when I placed the stitched paper over it, it was somewhat washed out.
  • To fix this, I watercolored over it in a complimentary blue color. 

  • Once dry, adhere the paper overlay on top.  You could also add this before stitching but since I used my Silhouette to poke the holes, I adding this after.

I added my precious children as my reasons to be happy, adding them to the page in birth order.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Please head over to the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog to download the file.  LEAVE ME SOME LOVE WHILE YOU'RE THERE!


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! :o)

Leslie Germain said...

Cool page!! Love that you can add stitching holes!!