Monday, August 15, 2016

Hello Farm Life Scrapbooking Layout + Free Cut by Heather Leopard

Hi everyone.  We recently celebrated Geometric Shapes on the Pebbles blog. Luckily for me, shapes are my most favorite to work with when creating a scrapbooking layout. I almost always use geometry to create fun backgrounds for my layouts. Inspiration for these types of layouts can be found everywhere, from quilts to art posters to this project right here. It's been blazing hot here in Texas so I thought I'd attempt to cool it down a bit by creating a fall layout using the Pebbles Warm & Cozy collection.

  Let me walk you through my creative process for this scrapbooking layout.
  • Choose a light colored background paper. I chose the white Cozy Comfort one that resembles a sweater.
  • Cut three 2.4" x 12" strips of similar pattern papers. I chose the Tweed paper with text.
  • Stitch the strips to the background creating evenly spaced columns.
  • Download my free Silhouette cut file. If you don't have a machine to cut these, simply cut large triangles / diamonds and octagons or circles.
  • Alternate the diamond and octagon shapes so that the top and bottom of your layout always includes a half shape and the inner part of your layout includes full shapes. Adhere with a small amount of adhesive.
  • Once all shapes are in place stitch down the middle of the columns / shapes.
  • Next, I added layers of pattern paper behind my photo, tucking in embellishments here and there.
  • Lastly, I finished it off with a title above my photo and a sentiment at the bottom in one of the embellishment clusters.
  • To complete the layout, I will journal in the open white space just under the photo.
Use a combination of different stitching types to add interest to your layout.
Don't be afraid to add layers of clusters under and around your photo.  It helps draw the eye to the photo and can really help compliment storytelling.

I hope you enjoyed a peek into my creative process for this scrapbooking layout.  Don't forget to download the free Silhouette cut file I created.  And if you create anything with it, please share a link to it here or tag Pebbles and me (@heatherleopard) on Instagram so we can ooh and ahh over it!


Supplies: Pebbles Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Daisy Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Log Cabin Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Tweed Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Fallen Leaves Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Tartan Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Cozy Comfort Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Warm & Cozy - Fall Bouquet Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Stickers Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Printed Chipboard Shapes Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Ephemera Jen Hadfield Home + Made: Accent Stickers American Crafts Thickers: Cozy This To That Foam Tab Adhesive – 617

No comments: